“As long as there’s (vegan) pasta and Chinese food in the world, I’m okay.” – Michael Chang
Vegan pasta dish say whaaaat? Italian food is kind-of my worst nightmare, thanks to the copious amounts of cheese and butter in, like, every dish. Luckily, I found and mastered this dairy free pasta dish! Even my dairy-loving mom was into it! If you’re in an Italian restaurant anytime soon, btw, just order pasta with olive oil and herbs. I have never had any restaurant say they can’t make plain pasta.
Let me know what you think of this vegan pasta dish and if you’d like to see more.
Also, follow my instagram for more pictures of me holding various foods, if you’re into that.
- Cook pasta in one large pot. Meanwhile, cook the sauce.
- Melt the dairy free butter and garlic over medium heat in a saucepan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until you can smell the garlic.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and stir. Then, add the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Whisk well.
- Stir gently as the mixture begins to boil and thicken a little. You'll notice it at the edges at first.
- Scoop some of the hot pasta water (2 tbsp) into the sauce. Keep stirrin'!
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Shake in the yeast flakes until they dissolve. Drain the pasta, too!
- Pour the pasta into the saucepan and mix all together. Sprinkle with parsley for ~decoration~ and viola!