“Life’s too short to say no to cake.”
Dairy free cake isn’t super difficult to make, and neither is dairy free frosting. However, what do you make when you don’t want (or need) an entire cake? Like, maybe you want cake but have nothing to celebrate. Or, you have all the ingredients for a cake but ran out of baking powder. Enter: Dairy Free Unicorn Cake Bars.
I’m a big frosting person, so naturally, I frosted mine, but the cake itself is also awesome for your cake loving friends. Pro tip: If you like frosting, find someone who prefers cake. Then marry them. Life hack.
Anyways, frosting recipe is found here. Add some food coloring if you’d like to stick with the rainbow theme. I mixed sprinkles into mine.
As usual, check out my insta for more pics of my hands and food!
- Frosting: See link above.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until supah smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, eggs, and salt. Keep stirrin'.
- Pour the batter flat into the pan and cook for 25 minutes. Add an extra 5 minutes or so if you prefer crunchier edges. (I don't, but you do you.)
- Frost however your heart desires, then add more sprinkles. Get creative. Slice at the end into whatever shapes you like; I used a pizza cutter and sliced mine into even rectangles.