“You can be miserable before you have a cookie, and you can be miserable after you eat a cookie, but you can’t be miserable while you are eating a cookie.” – Ina Garten, on snickerdoodles
I made these super size snickerdoodles around Christmastime in a stress-induced baking binge. Dairy free Christmas cookies are such a pain to find, so I figured I would just make my own. Plus, cinnamon and sugar make exams just slightly easier, in my opinion. I made my cookies massive so the inside would be nice and chewy, but the size doesn’t really matter. Who doesn’t like (dairy free) snickerdoodles?
Let me know what you think! These could easily be made gluten free if you swapped out the flour!
P.S. Check out my Instagram for more yummy foods.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix together the butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt to the liquid mixture.
- Roll the dough into balls and cover in cinnamon and sugar, then place on cookie sheets.
- Depending on the size of your cookies, bake for 8-12 minutes. Mine took closer to 12 because they were so large, but just keep an eye on the oven.