“Spread S’more love!”
As a self-proclaimed marshmallow addict, I had to try this dairy free ice cream dessert IMMEDIATELY. The original recipe came from a dairy-full version in a Facebook video. I am always looking for dairy free desserts (one because I am addicted to sugar, two because I get bored easily with cupcakes, three because I love dairy free ice cream) I swapped out all of the ingredients and made the best frozen dairy free dessert I’ve ever had in my life. (Not to be dramatic or anything)
I can’t wait to try these this summer on a hot day (or night). Or, a rainy day! No fire to make s’mores? No problem! Make popsicles!
Follow me on insta HERE if you wanna see my hands holding various foods!
- Preheat the oven to broil on "high." Dump out a bag and a half of mini marshmallows onto a cookie sheet and broil them for a few min so they're golden.
- Grab a big bowl and scoop the ice cream into it. Stir it to soften it up, and mix in the broiled (and golden... yum) marshmallows. The mixture should be soft enough to the spread out over a cookie sheet. (I only covered half a cookie sheet because I didn't want to make more than 2 pints worth of ice cream. 4 pints would have filled the pan)
- Pop the cookie sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes. Once it's hardened a bit, cut squares the size of graham crackers out of the pan and stick a cracker to both sides.
- Lay out the squares onto the pan again, this time spaced out. Put back in the freezer for 30 min to an hour (or however long you want).
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate. Right before you remove the pops from the freezer, lay out a fresh cookie sheet with some parchment paper and get ready to dip the pops in chocolate halfway.
- Dip the pops half way (use pic for reference). I had extra chocolate so I drizzled it on top. Once they're all dipped, put the sheet in the freezer for a few minutes just to harden the chocolate, and taa-daa! All done!