“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea.” – Forrest Gump
This dairy free shrimp and asparagus stir fry is my favorite lunch recipe and an easy dinner option. It’s so quick, super healthy, and tastes amazing. I always make a huge batch so I can eat it multiple times in a week, but I usually end up just eating all of it. I tend to make it slightly differently each time, depending on what I’m in the mood for. Let me know what you think!
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and heat to medium heat. Meanwhile, make sure all of your ingredients are chopped.
- Toss the shrimp, salt, and red pepper flakes into the oil. Stir often. (The oil jumps - use a long spatula.)
- Once the shrimp is cooked a bit, (5 min or so), remove it from the pan. This is a one-pan recipe (yay! less dishes!) so just set it aside on a paper towel or plate.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the pan if necessary and toss in the asparagus with the ginger, garlic, and a little pinch of salt.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and stir in the soy sauce with everything all together. I prefer low sodium, but use whatever flips your pancake. Finally, squeeze the lemon juice on top.