Asian food, and especially Asian salads, is typically dairy free due to the nature of their diets. I love visiting different Japanese and Chinese restaurants to try out different foods – my family is Irish and Italian, so Asian food always feels special. This dairy free salad was so easy to make and tasted great. If you like crunchy foods, this salad is for you!
I had enough of this Crunchy Asian Salad leftover to pack for lunch for 2 days. I found the original recipe on pinchofyum.com under a different name (I forget) but it’s some sort of Asian Salad variation. I altered the recipe because the original was too confusing for me. Let me know what you think!
P.S. Excuse the noodles that I spilled all over the place in the picture above.
Also, follow me on Insta for more!
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, and seasoning. Soak the chicken breast in this mixture for 30 minutes. If you're making this in advance, feel free to marinate overnight!
- Toss the dry salad ingredients all together in a big bowl, except for the noodles.
- Place the chicken in a baking pan and add the sauce as well. Bake for 20 min or so and chop it up when it's done. (Save the pan sauce! Makes for great dressing!)
- Break up the noodles and sprinkle on top of the salad. Add the chicken as well. Finally, drizzle the pan sauce on top. That's it!