To all my working friends and family: meal prep sucks. I know. It’s worse with a food allergy, I promise.
However, I have compiled some wonderful meals to prepare either the night or weekend before your work week. They’re all dairy-free, of course, and super simple and cheap. For this first meal prep recipe, I present to you… tuna salad!
I think a lot of people shy away from tuna, especially in a can. I don’t necessarily blame you, but it’s just so simple and packed with protein. Don’t knock it til you try it — mix in some vegetables and spices and you have a pretty great meal!
I don’t need to bring lunch everyday to work luckily, but this is a recipe that can totally sit in your fridge all week. You can make it in bulk, too – it’s hard to mess this up.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
P.S. Follow me on Instagram here.
Tuna Salad Meal Prep
- 4 cans of tuna drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice, squeezed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 red apple sliced
- Mix everything together in a large bowl; the tuna, mayo, cucumber, celery, garlic powder, dijon, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Boil the eggs and chop up the apples. Lay out the lettuce and almonds in a tupperware.
- Scoop a big ball of tuna on top, as pictured above.