I don’t love most roasted vegetables in the winter because they taste too summery – i.e. butternut squash, etc. However, this mix of carrots, red potatoes, and Brussel sprouts was perfect comfort food for a chilly day!
- 1 lb brussel spouts, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped into large pieces
- 6-8 small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large carrots or 1 bag of baby carrots, chopped hot dog style
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano and basil spice mix
- a sprinkle of fresh rosemary leaves
- a sprinkle of dried thyme
- ground pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread the chopped vegetables on a large cookie sheet, avoiding much overlap.
- Drizzle olive oil over the veggies until fully coated.
- Mix all of the spices together in a bowl and generously sprinkle them over the veggies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping/shifting the veggies after 15 minutes or so.