Bacon is the fairy dust of the food community.Jim Gaffigan
I clearly can’t stop wrapping things in bacon. Whatevs. This recipe also came out of my brunch bash last weekend (See: Potatoes ‘n’ Peppers, Winter-y Fruity Salad, Cinnamon Buns…etc.) My friends literally could not wait for me to place these on a tray – they were grabbed straight off the hot pan because they smelled so good. Do with that info as you will.
- Bacon! I would suggest a dozen strips of your favorite (not the boxed kind, PLEASE)
- Sausages! And I don’t mean breakfast sausages – get your fav smoky ones
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups maple syrup (the more natural, the better. I see you, Aunt Jemima addicts)
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter (SmartBalance was used here as usual)
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Meanwhile, put a soup pan on the stove on medium high heat. Mix the syrup, brown sugar, and butter well and let simmer.
- Wrap the sausages in bacon. I used mini sausages, which forced me to slice my bacon strips in half so I could make more sausages. Use your brains on this one, folks.
- Lay out the wrapped pieces on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. (Enjoy your dishes if you ignore this step.)
- Brush or spoon the maple syrup mixture over the bacon wrapped sausages. The more, the better!
- Toss your cookie sheet into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. If your sausages are smaller, check on them frequently. Also, my friends wanted their bacon as crispy as possible, so I cooked them for a while. Totally up to you.