Don’t be depresso, have some espresso!
Thanks again to Samin Nosrat for mentioning espresso brownies in the first chapter of your book. You made me want these so badly I dropped everything and ran out to buy more espresso.
These are the best. No questions asked.
- Betty Crocker Fudgy Brownie Mix, boxed (yep it’s dairy free, as are many other brands as well)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-3 heaping tsp espresso powder (taste test the batter as you add, then decide)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghiradelli is my go-to, just be aware of the ingredients)
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup (Surprise! This is dairy free too. Gotta love straight sugar.)
- Sea Salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F/follow directions on the brownie mix box.
- Mix the brownie box mix with all of the ingredients well. Squeeze a large amount of chocolate syrup in to add flavor. Use your own judgement to measure.
- Add in a bit more than half of the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a square 8×8 pan and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and sea salt, if you would like.
- Cook for 25 minutes or so and that’s it!
What better way to get an energy boost?!