Hey! This recipe can be found here now.
“You can be miserable before you have a cookie, and you can be miserable after you eat a cookie, but you can’t be miserable while you are eating a cookie.” – Ina Garten
I recently made these in a stress-induced baking binge and they were a true crowd pleaser. I made mine huge so the inside would be chewier, but it really doesn’t matter. Who doesn’t like snickerdoodles?
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter, softened
- 1/2 cup veggie shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour (heaping, which basically means I def had more than 2 1/2 cups in there)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar (FYI this is not cream, it is a spice. Learning curve on my part.)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cinnamon and sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix together the butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Roll the dough into balls and cover in cinnamon and sugar, then place on cookie sheets.
- Depending on the size of your cookies, bake for 8-12 minutes. Mine took closer to 12 because they were so large, but just keep an eye on the oven.
Let me know what you think! These are perfect for Christmastime, and could easily be made gluten free too if you swapped out the flour!