I could not find any quote about butternut squash (shocking right?) so I am just going to jump right into the recipe. This recipe tasted more like dessert than a vegetable (a recurring theme for my holiday dishes…) and my friends loved it. I will definitely be making this again around Christmastime!
- 1 large butternut squash (I cheated and bought a pre-cubed squash)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- a shake of fresh black pepper
- Rosemary for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spray down a cookie sheet.
- Put the squash cubes in a large bowl and stir in the maple syrup and olive oil. Then, sprinkle the salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Toss everything around to coat the cubes.
- Lay the cubes flat on the cookie sheet ensuring they’re not on top of each other. Pour the excess liquid on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and flip the cubes/move them around a bit. Bake them again for another 10 minutes and remove.
- Pour the cubes into a bowl and sprinkle rosemary on top. That’s it! Serve with a large spoon.