There’s always something to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. Even if it’s just not being a turkey. – Unknown
Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone! I’ve had a crazy few weeks and haven’t had much time to cook. However, Thanksgiving was a great opportunity to try some new recipes. These Bacon Bean Bundles are a sneaky way to get some veggies in (and they taste like dessert!)
INGREDIENTS: (I made a dozen bundles)
- Large bag of green beans
- 1 package of regular bacon (unless you prefer turkey bacon)
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter (I used SmartBalance as usual because it melts the best)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Rosemary for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat and stir well.
- Grab 4-6 green beans that are around the same length and wrap a slice of bacon around them.
- Brush the brown sugar and butter over the bundles, ensuring they’re really covered.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet to avoid a huge mess. Place the pan in the oven and bake the bundles for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
- Decorate with a few pieces of rosemary for a pretty holiday appetizer!