All sorrows are less with bread. – Miguel de Cervantes
Last year my grandparents lived with us while they were building a new home, and I was fortunate enough to enjoy Nana’s fresh banana bread weekly. She made her recipe dairy free just for me! It’s the absolute best.
INGREDIENTS: (makes one loaf)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp almond milk
- Nuts/raisins/chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, bananas, and butter.
- Add the eggs and almond milk. Mix everything well, and fold in the nuts etc if you would like.
- Pour into greased pan and bake at 350F degrees for 55-60 minutes. Stick a knife in the top and if it comes out dry, then you’re good!