Be a beautiful muffin in a world of cupcakes. – Anonymous
For some reason I decided to try out another muffin recipe this week. These were super fun to make and tasted ~very healthy. The original recipe can be found on Genius Kitchen, but I obviously tweaked it to remove the dairy. Without further ado:
INGREDIENTS: (I made 6 regular muffins and approx. a million mini muffins. Kidding, but this recipe makes approx. 12 regular size muffins – I just ran out of regular size tins).
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 smushed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Handful of strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F, and smash the bananas if you haven’t already. Line the cupcake trays with cupcake tins.
- Combine the sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a separate bowl. Add this mixture into the wet mixture. Then, stir in the strawberries lightly.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into each tin. Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking the center with a toothpick at 15 minutes.
- Once they’re done, immediately remove them from the pan so they don’t continue to cook. That’s it!