Hey! This recipe is found HERE now.
One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them. – Oscar Wilde
I haven’t had a muffin in years thanks to my ~dairy issues~. However, I stumbled upon an easy recipe for blueberry muffins on Inspired Taste and improvised a bit to make them healthier! In this recipe, I use a rice-based vanilla protein powder called NutriBiotic. It’s vegan and gluten free too, if you’re into that sort-of thing. You can find dairy-free protein powder at any Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, etc, or just try Amazon. Here is the link to mine: NutriBiotic Vanilla on Amazon (I would not suggest buying 3 lbs of protein powder until you know yo
u’ll use it!)
Anyways, here is the recipe!
INGREDIENTS: (makes 10 regular sized muffins)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (if you aren’t into the extra protein, just use more flour instead)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup canola or veggie oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (soy milk would work too)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz fresh blueberries! (or more!)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix all dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, salt, baking powder) into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl (or even just in a large liquid measuring cup) whisk together the egg, canola oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Add the wet to the dry, and a thick batter will form. (Do not over mix – I used a fork)
- Fold the blueberries into the batter, and scoop the mix into a lined cupcake tray. The liners should be pretty full (the more batter means the larger the muffin top!)
- Sprinkle some sugar on top of each, and bake for 20 minutes. Test at 15 min to check the inside. That’s it! Another easy protein – filled breakfast, snack, or dessert!