There has never been a sadness that can’t be cured by breakfast food. – Ron Swanson
This is my new favorite breakfast idea, and I can’t wait to make these in my apartment at school. I eat eggs every morning for breakfast, but it can get SO boring. These mini muffin frittatas are fun, easy, and super convenient. I’ll list a bunch of ingredients as options to add, but honestly, be creative!
INGREDIENTS: (Made 12 mini muffins, or 6 regular size)
- 6 eggs
- tomato (diced)
- onion (diced)
- bell pepper (I used orange)
I mixed together spinach, tomato, onion, and orange bell pepper in mine, but you could try adding:
- whatever else!
- Crack all 6 eggs into a bowl and whisk them to break up the yolks. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add your toppings to the bottom of a sprayed down or lined cupcake tray.
- Pour the egg mixture on top, leaving about 1/2 an inch from the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes (test at 15 with a toothpick to see if baked all the way through).
- Taaa-daaa! That’s it! I filled a Tupperware with the remaining 9 muffins (I ate 3 right out of the oven…) and threw them in the fridge. Now I have breakfast for the week, and a great post-workout snack filled with protein!