“All you need is love and tacos.”
I made these last week and they tasted amazing! They were super quick, too. I made guacamole to go with, and it was a great dinner.
INGREDIENTS: (serves 2 generously – easy to modify for # of people)
- 1 pound thin steak (you’ll cut it into slices, so aim for skirt steak or just a thin strip)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Sea salt/pepper
- 6 corn tortillas (or more, your call!)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lime
- Guac, pico de Gallo, maybe some dairy free cheese… whatever else you like!
- Cut the steak into strips. Then, throw it into a bowl with the chili powder, oregano, sugar, pinch of salt and some pepper. Mix it all together and let it sit while the stove heats up.
- Heat a frying pan/skillet to high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, put the steak strips on with the ingredients in the bowl. They should cook for ~3 min on each side. (Keep stirring)
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for a minute, and set up the rest of the ingredients buffet-style. The rest is up to you! I liked my tacos with a scoop of guacamole, a few chopped onions, a few steak strips, and some lime juice squeezed on top. Enjoy!