HEADS UP: This recipe is found HERE now.
“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” – John Gunther
I’ve been eating eggs for breakfast pretty much every day since freshman year of high school. As exciting as that may sound, I get bored if I eat the same 2 scrambled eggs every day, 7 days a week. Recently, I couldn’t find any Pam cooking spray for my pan, so I used a little olive oil instead. And by a little, I mean I dumped a significant amount of oil into the pan. Here’s what happened next.
- 2 eggs (or however many you like)
- A decent amount of olive oil (use your best judgement)
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Salt n pepper
- 3 grape tomatos (as a side dish!)
- Turn on your stove and warm up the oil. (Be careful it jumps)
- Crack the eggs near the side of the pan so it slides into the oil. It will cook quickly – the egg should be a bit golden!
- Turn off the stove immediately. Sprinkle the salt and pepper, and toss in a few basil leaves. Grab a plate and add some grape tomatoes and viola!